Saturday, October 31, 2015

31 Days of Horror, Part Three!

October 25th, Housebound
Centers around a hot chick who's placed on house arrest at her mother's home after attempting to rob an ATM.  It's got a few jump scares, but it isn't really scary.  Great film though, and the last 30 minutes or so are very entertaining.

October 26th, The Shrine
This one was at worst, mediocre, at best, it was "not bad".  Mostly about some people investigated the disappearance of some guy who disappeared in some small European town.  It had it's creepy moments, and a good twist near the end.

October 26th, The Omen (making up for Oct 17th)
I finally got around to seeing this classic horror film.  It was great to see David Warner and Patrick Troughton in this one.  I also feel like a number of end-time, low budget Christian movies borrow heavily from this one.

October 27, Trick 'r Treat
Hey, look- it's Helo from Battlestar Galactica!  Creepy pumpkin kid kills some people.  There was also a thing with vampires in this series of short, interconnected stories.

October 28th, Wyrmwood
I thoroughly enjoyed putting my brain on silent and watching this zombie-killing post-apocalyptic piece of ART!  I also enjoyed the hour or so the female protagonist was cuffed to a wall.  This one also ended with an interesting take on the traditional zombie movies.

October 29th, The Lazarus Effect
This sounds better in theory than it actually was in practice.  I did like another performance from the guy in the previously reviewed movie "Creep" although he was much less creepy this time.  Wait a sec- I saw this movie in the 90's and it was called Flatliners!

October 30th, Zombi 2 (AKA, also known as Zombie, Island of the Living Dead, Zombie Island, Zombie Flesh Eaters, and Woodoo)
This is one of those classic Italian horror films that are all the rage.  It was actually pretty fun for an atypical zombie movie.  The zombie vs. shark fight scene was incredible though.

October 30th, Garfield's Halloween Adventure (making up for October 20th)
Don't judge- the old man was creepy as hell.  I actually vaguely remembered this one from when I was a kid.  I didn't know Garfield could sing.

October 31st.... Dunno.  
Check back in the morning and there'll be something here, I think. I'm about to take my daughter Trick-or-Treating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment